Your regular routine( no school, no movies, no sports teams, no dance, etc. etc.) has changed so much over the past 2 months. It can be easy, for some of us, to get bored. I'm going to give everyone some suggestions to help reduce boredom. After reading my suggestions, I would like you, to write down any good suggestions you may have to reduce boredom! Post it! Your suggestions may help one of your classmates!!
* when exercising write down your workouts, what you did, and how many you did( 5 pushups, 25 crunches, 30 seconds=planks, jog for 5 minutes ).
* set goals on your P.E. Calendar: example on May 30th write down a goal for how many push ups you want to be able to do. Every month on the 30th give yourself another push up goal. Goals help motivate you to improve.
* Stay active mentally: read books, read magazines, play board games, play cards, build a house using cards, play Connect Four, and build a fort with domino's.
* Stay active physically: Mr Kannel's At Home Workout for 4th -6th graders and Mr. Kannel's warm ups for 1st -3rd graders( ski jumps bell jumps, crazy eights etc.). Mr. Kannel's exercise assignments. Go noodle videos.
* Use your Imagination: Build a fort in your house using blankets, tables and chairs. Climb inside the dark fort and tell scary stories, but not to scary! Pretend your house is a prehistoric forest you have to move very quietly, and slowly, through the forest(house) looking for dinosaurs. Beware of the T Rex under your bed!
* Be willing to try new things. You might actually like something, you thought you wouldn't like, if you give it a chance.
* Don't give up to quickly on a new activity, sometimes it takes a little time to start to like a new activity.
Those are my suggestions. What are your suggestions to help your fellow students reduce boredom?